Dangers of Improper Use of Inversion Table Therapy: What You Should Know Before Using Inversion Therapy for Back Pain

Although inversion table therapy has many proponents touting the health benefits, especially for those looking for back pain relief, it's important to point out some of the potential hazards and health risks, especially if you are thinking about buying an inversion table for home use. 

Dr. Andrew Haig (from the University of Michigan Spine Program) states that one of his patients, before coming for treatment with Haig, had slipped while attempting inversion therapy and became a quadriplegic.  These types of injuries are extremely rare, but it helps to point out that users must use caution when using inversion therapy, especially when if it is in-home use and is not supervised by a medical professional.

So, to prevent any type of injury, you need to follow the product manual exactly and not take any shortcuts when using an inversion table for back pain.

But not only is it important to use an inversion table correctly to prevent serious injuries, it's also important to do your homework when shopping around for the right inversion table to relieve back pain. 

Don't let price influence your buying decision when choosing an inversion table.  Remember, you are using your inversion table to suspend upside-down. Even if you adjust the angle so that the suspension is only at a gradual incline, make sure your inversion table is of high quality and sturdy enough to support your body weight without any risk of injury. 

Riley Teeter, owner of Teeter Hang Ups, warns that cheap inversion tables may not be as sturdy.  There is a risk that with just several months of use, these lower quality devices can have mechanical failure that can cause serious bodily injury.

5 comments:

  1. Emer Gravity Inversion Table from Bizarkdeal

    I have been suffering lower back pain after my three pregnancy. I always wanted to try an inversion table. I ordered this product and the item arrived on time. I assembled it immediately after I received it. It looks sturdy and feels safe when I am on it inverted. I do feel the pressure relieved from my lower back when inverted. It feels like giving my spine a stretch. I do recommend this product to anyone that suffering from back pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post about inversion table. Thank for share it here! read teeter hang ups reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this wonderful post about inversion tables. Well, they are very beneficial for health especially for back pain relief. But one thing that is important to consider is to know the quality of a table before buying. I have found many cheap products that are available in the market but they are not worth buying. If you are looking to buy a new inversion table then you should check this list of inversion tables before buying. You will find the best one for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. benefits of inversion table for sciatica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. inversion table reviews

    ReplyDelete